The International Humanistic Management Association is committed to helping promote humanistic values in business schools and beyond.
Our 2019/2020 Fellows requested support in learning how to teach values in the classroom.
This project includes video lessons from experienced educators on how they go about teaching values in the classroom and links to resources that are used by educators to help promote and teach ethics and values.
Teaching Teachers to Teach Values - with David Waskieleski
Teaching Teachers to Teach Values - with Michael Pirson
Teaching Teachers to Teach Values - Elizabeth Castillo
Teaching Teachers to Teach Values - Jennifer Hancock
Teaching Teachers to Teach Values: Masroor Lodi
Teaching Teachers to Teach Values - OSCAR BULAONG, PhD
Mary Gentile, Teaching Teachers to Teach Values by Giving Voice to Values
Teaching Teachers to Teach Values - Emotional Intelligence with Kalai Mugilan
- The Awakening of Intelligence by J. Krishnamurti
- Applied Humanism: How to Create More Effective and Ethical Businesses by Jennifer Hancock
- Driven to Lead: Good, Bad, and Misguided Leadership by Paul Lawrence
- Walls To Bridges by Hans Kueng
- Giving Voice to Values: How to Speak Your Mind When You Know What’s Right by Mary C. Gentile
- Bad Leadership: What It Is, How It Happens, Why It Matters (Leadership for the Common Good) by Barbara Kellerman
- The Honest Truth About Dishonesty: How We Lie to Everyone–Especially Ourselves Paperback by Dr. Dan Ariely
- Blind Spots: Why We Fail to Do What’s Right and What to Do about It by Max H. Bazerman and Ann E. Tenbrunsel
- An Everyone Culture: Becoming a Deliberately Developmental Organization by Robert Kegan, Lisa Laskow Lahey, Matthew L Miller, Andy Fleming & Deborah Helsing
- Mastering the Ethical Dimension of Organizations: A Self-Reflective Guide to Developing Ethical Astuteness by Donna Ladkin
- Misbehaving: The Making of Behavioral Economics by Richard Thaler
- Nudge: Improving Decisions About Health, Wealth, and Happiness by Richard Thaler and Cass R. Sunstein
You can find more books at our online store: http://humanisticmanagement.international/store/
- Bain’s 30 Elements of Value
- 10 Humanist Commitments
- Howard Schultz: How to Identify Your Company’s Culture, Values, and Guiding Principles — Clip #4 Video with Howard Schultz
- Video: Spanx founder talks about redefining failure
- Video: Is Ethical leadership even possible? – by Jennifer Hancock
Introduction to Integrated Reporting
- (IR) Indiana CPA Society (2020). Exemplar report
- Ernst Young (2014). Integrated Reporting: Elevating value.
- U.S. International Integrated Reporting community—monthly webinars, case studies, exemplar reports
- Deloitte (2012). Integrated Reporting: The new big picture. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/insights/deloitte-review/issue-10/integrated-reporting-the-new-bigpicture.html
- KPMG (2013). Integrated Reporting—Introduction and the Case for Better Business Reporting https://home.kpmg/xx/en/home/insights/2013/04/integratedreporting.html
Introduction to the Capitals
- Community Capitals Framework
- Community Capitals and Appreciative Inquiry
- Natural: CGMA (2014). Accounting for Natural Capital in the Value Chain
- Natural: Capital Coalition’s Natural Capital Protocol
- Human: IIRC (2015). The value of human capital reporting.
- Human Resources Management Association (2015). Integrated Reporting and Human Capital: Next steps for the private and public sectors in BC.
- Social: • Social Capital Research & Training. Sources of social capital: What causes or creates social capital?
- Human and Social Capital Protocol
- Cultural: Society of Human Resource Management (2019). Understanding and developing organizational culture. https://www.shrm.org/resourcesandtools/tools-andsamples/toolkits/pages/understandinganddevelopingorganizationalculture.aspx
- Family Capital