The International Humanistic Management Association (IHMA) is dedicated to promoting a new vision of management in which all life is respected, human dignity is protected, and human flourishing is promoted. The IHMA fellows program supports this mission by creating a community of support and encouragement. We envision an ecosystem that facilitates the exchange of ideas, promotes mentorship and develops innovative projects for the expansion of humanistic management and the dissemination of improved management practices.
IHMA seeks nominations, including self-nominations, for the next cohort of fellows. Applications are open to talented and dedicated scholars or late stage Ph.D. students working in fields related to humanistic management.
To qualify, the candidate’s work must advance our thinking on better management with regard to:
- The protection of dignity (human and all life),e. The role of intrinsic value in the organizing process, the role of human dignity within the managerial context, the role of dignity of life in general and its relevance for better organizing practices.
- The promotion of well-being (common good),e. the role of life-conducive managerial processes to organizational success, the measurement of quality of life outcomes with regard to organizational management, the shifts in mindset/practices/institutions required to achieve flourishing.
Benefits & Expectations:
The IHMA fellowship provides the following benefits:
- Recognition on the IHMA website
- Support for participation in research conferences
- Participation in selective Ph.D./Scholarly research gatherings (virtual)
As the program evolves we hope to provide additional benefits such as:
- Mentorship from established faculty
- Possibility for scholarly visits and collaborations between established Humanistic Management Scholars.
- Participation in HM research lab facilitated between centers of humanistic management (incl. ESADE, Fordham, Duquesne)
- Access to data of our practice partners (Incl. Sistema B, Economy for Common Good)
- Access to venues for sharing thought leadership op-ed columns in business dailies within the IHMA Center Consortium (e.g., Managing for Society (a weekly business column in The Manila Times)
- Commitment to supporting the work of IHMA,
- Participating and facilitating community building events
- Engaging the scholarly publications supported by IHMA in their own work
- Inviting others to participate in IHMA activities
Nominations must be submitted by July 30, 2022, here. They should include a CV and an essay explaining how the fellow can contribute to the program (e.g. relevant scholarly presentations, scholarly or practitioner focused articles, blog posts etc) and what they hope to gain from the program. Please submit these materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the IHMA, please visit our website at http://humanisticmanagement.international/.
To join IHMA, visit our membership site at: https://www.ignited.global/ihma/membership
Cohorts by Year:
- Diego Arias
- Blanca A. Camargo
- Angela Chen
- Bruce Kibler
- Giorgia Diletta Nigri Agulini
- Kemi Ogunyemi
- Ivy E. Sackey
- Ayse Yemiscigil
- Hooria Jazaieri
- Patch Aure
- Daniel Williams
- Clark Warner
- Caralie Fiori-Khayat
- Oliver Laasch
- Veronica Rabelo